Business coaching is focused on encouraging teamwork and helping personal growth through various techniques applied in a group or individual way.
Motivating employees to be more productive and implementing techniques for this purpose is one of the tasks of any good Human Resources department worth it’s salt. However, to achieve this we must implement a series of strategies, including Business Coaching. But let’s go into more details.
What is a coaching job
Business coaching is an innovative technique that, through a series of tools and values such as empathy, encourages the review of the virtues of a company’s staff and raises individual and group objectives to help the organization grow.
And is that a company is an accumulation of resources, tools, and talents represented through people. Although it is possible that the different areas of the organization are well integrated – and that such a situation leads to positive results – this does not mean that the potential of individuals or teams is being used to the maximum. To achieve this, job coaching was born.
Types of business coaching
Business coaching has grown and evolved in recent years. We find as many types and modalities as there are organizations. And is that it is a technique capable of adapting to specific dynamics in accordance with the requirements of the institution.
Many of the dynamics of business coaching are usually focused on groups. However, job coaching is also used on an individual basis. For example, by a particular candidate who wants to prepare for a job opportunity and enhance their strengths. In any case, we find up to 6 different types of business coaching . Namely:
- Executive Coaching: as its name suggests, it is coaching designed for leaders or executives. Its objective is to facilitate all matters related to management and leadership, focusing on social skills and interpersonal relationships.
- Work / Personal Coaching: this is the business coaching that we referred to at the beginning of the section. It is demanded by the person who wants to improve their performance or who has lost motivation.
- Leadership: although it can be confused with executive business coaching, this type of job coaching is not directed exclusively at people in leadership positions. What it seeks is to promote and generate those skills in individuals so that they can assume them.
- Innovation: it focuses on creativity and the generation of new ideas that allow the company to grow.
- Organizational: the objective of this business coaching is to improve communication between the different parts of the company. It is a technique whose results provide managers with tools to manage internal talent and increase productivity.
- Team development: to improve the performance of the organization’s teams. It is of great help in companies with a high turnover when there has been a restructuring of the workforce, and so on.
Bases of business coaching
To carry out good business coaching, it is important to rely on two basic premises.
- Knowledge : it is necessary to understand what are the characteristics, skills and potential of the people with whom you work. This allows you to recognize where counseling should focus, focus on it, and generate measurable results through various techniques and dynamics.
- Relationships : directly or indirectly, business coaching is based on how productive and effective the relationship is between people and the team in which it is integrated. Fostering a relationship of trust, honesty and closeness is important because it allows us to better recognize the strengths and weaknesses of a group or person and, based on this, work to improve or preserve different aspects in favor of work dynamics. That is precisely why it is essential that the coach also have this relationship with the staff.
Objectives of business coaching
The goals of job coaching can be divided into two areas: personal and professional. The growth of one positively influences another, and vice versa. Among the specific objectives of business coaching are:
- Personal growth : the coach will evaluate the person or work group to try to make each member trust and enhance their virtues.
- Improve the work spirit : based on personal development, the specialist will promote team integration so that together they can achieve greater goals. The joint effort is important because it generates commitment and empathy among the members. Job coaching must rely on various strategies and knowledge to enhance this aspect.
- Create a sense of belonging: we find companies in which job rotation is high and, for the same reason, their work teams are not integrated. This means that people do not feel identified with the organization and therefore are less productive. Boosting the sense of belonging is a key task in business coaching.
- Improve communication: companies are not made up of islands or independent departments. Communication is essential to foster working relationships. Its good use and the establishment of routines to cultivate it facilitates internal processes, positively influences productivity, and improves commitment between colleagues and with the company.
- Error management: every human relationship is exposed to friction. The job coaching job is to insist that, if they do arise, they should be seen as an opportunity to grow.
- Leadership: the company and the workgroups must have a person who assumes command. Business coaching is capable of improving leadership by encouraging those who have, these skills and gifts of “command.”
Another article on this blog that might interests you: